Pixel-Poi® light batons are cutting-edge programmable LED devices which use persistence of vision effects to display breathtaking graphics, text and logos.
They were invented in 2005 by leading light-juggling performance group Feeding the Fish who devised a novel method to display detailed graphics in lights using spinning juggling props and went on to patent the technology and trademark the Pixel-Poi name. FtF continue to amaze audiences with this unique technology around the world.
If you are interested in booking a show featuring Pixel-Poi or seeing videos and photos of them in action, please visit our sister site: www.feedingthefish.com.
If you would like to get your hands on some of these stunning props then read on…
Pixel-Poi® light batons are available for hire to production companies and professional performance groups. High profile rentals to date include:
- Take That’s record-breaking stadium tour ‘The Circus’ in 2009, which hired Pixel-Poi for all of the dancers on stage and on the catwalk runway. They were used to stunning effect in the finale song ‘Hold up a Light’.
- Ferrari-World Abu Dhabi, where a 5 person Pixel-Poi performance by the cast has been a highlight of Ferrari’s Pit-Lane show three times every day since it opened in autumn 2010.
- The largest Pixel-Poi routine ever featured in the Closing Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games held in the Olympic Stadium: 66 hired Pixel-Poi brought the 30th Olympiad to a spectacular close. The cast of dancers performed a specially programmed routine directed by Kim Gavin alongside UK band Coldplay, with the now legendary stadium-bank LED display showing complimentary graphics. Unforgettable.
- Pop icon ‘Pitbull’ perfomed at the MTV European Music Awards 2012 in Frankfurt with a cast of 18 dancers spinning Pixel-Poi.
To register your interest in hiring Pixel-Poi, please use the form opposite.
We plan to make Pixel-poi light batons available for sale on this site later this year. To register your interest in buying Pixel-Poi, please use the form opposite, or follow us on Twitter for updates.
- FtF Pixel-Poi light batons contain up to 100 RGB LEDs offering unbeatable definition.
- Unlimited effects possible with millions of colour combinations and ultrafast millisecond refresh rate.
- Tried and tested design: over 2,700 shows performed worldwide proving current version to be 100 percent reliable at high-profile international events where technical risk is not an option.
- High quality electronic circuits manufactured (and equipment assembled) entirely in the UK. Iteratively developed firmware constantly improved on third generation hardware.
- ‘Poisson’ – cross-platform software application with intuitive graphical user interface to encode graphics/logos and precisely sequence shows to soundtracks. Millisecond programming is entirely straightforward. Programmable via USB. Can be used and synchronised without the need for a computer.
Patents granted in UK, France and Germany. Trademarks registered in UK, USA and all EU member states.
Pixel-Poi light batons are available only through this site. Any equipment claiming to be ‘Pixel-Poi,’ ‘Pixel Poi’ or ‘Pixelpois’ and made commercially available in Europe or USA is in violation of trademark. The manufacture, use, sale or import of any equipment that infringes a patent in a territory in which that patent applies constitutes an infringement and is against the law.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org